Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Review on the game "Runescape".

3 posters

Go down

Review on the game "Runescape". Empty Review on the game "Runescape".

Post by Jesse Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:50 pm

This will be a bit of information about the game Runescape.

RuneScape is a 3D fantasy MMORPG that boasts millions of players worldwide. With traditional fantasy elements, open-ended gameplay and a player driven economy(Prices change on the players and what they buy/sell for thus, making it a player driven economy), RuneScape is one of the most detailed browser based games currently available(There is a downloadable client if you prefer that). Rather than levels and classes, players in RuneScape train various skills as they progress throughout the game.

An overview of the game 'RuneScape'.

RuneScape has become a worldwide sensation since its 2004 release (the original beta release was in 2001) and continues to grow today. The game looks and plays much like traditional Western style RPGs that were popular in the 1990s but plays entirely on your browser. Rather than choosing a class and leveling up(Like you could before), all players can progress as they chose by using the game’s 24 skills. Each skill starts at rank 1 and has a maximum rank of 99, Apart from Dungeoneering, which can reach a level of 120. There are no caps but many of the skills are restricted to subscribers £3.50+/month depending what option you pay with, via your home phone, credit card or other options. RuneScape runs on Java so new users may need to install an update for it before playing but other than that, there are no barriers to entry. This ease of access coupled with the large and varied game world of Gielinor have helped make RuneScape the most successful browser based MMORPG of all time. Along with many important skills, many other features are only available to paying members which somewhat diminish RuneScape’s free to play credentials, in other words you can benefit the game to it's full extent if you buy membership but playing the game in free-to-play is still a ton of fun and you'll have a great experience.

Some of the many features you'll receive if you do buy membership for your Runescape account are the following;

- Full screen mode

- 9 additional skills to train

- No in-game ads

- Access to 29 minigames

- Access to over 100 more quests

- Player owned housing.

- Access to the entire game world (only 1/3 available otherwise)

- 4 More Grand Exchange spaces.

Gameplay.

Runescape is completely open ended, so you can pick what you want to be. In other words, you will be seeing everything, from lightly armored archers to bulky, mithril covered warriors. Start out with nothing, but soon, you'll develop into a Main, Skiller or a Pure(I'll explain more later on) If you ever need help, just go to a town center and ask for it. There will be lots of people waiting to help, buy from, sell to, and even assassinate others. Don't like fighting the computer controlled monsters? No problem. Just go into the wilderness, where the Runescape laws are nonexistent. There you can fight against anyone in whichever way.

Runescape has been up and running for over a decade.

There are holiday events for holidays such as; Christmas, Easter, Halloween, Thanksgiving, April fools, and others. These holiday events are a type of quest, you do the quest follow it's storyline and once you have completed the quest you will get a reward which you can only obtain during that years "Seasonal event".

Definition of Main, Skiller and a Pure. (In the context it is a member)

A main, usually does PvM (Player vs Monsters) usually has a high slayer level, it does a fair bit of PvM and Pk'ing, it's the sort of account you will want to start out on if it's your first time playing the game.

A skiller, skillers do not train combat stats, there are exceptions, some skillers train up prayer. Other than that, they don't really train up combat stats, their goal is to get their skills as high as possible, I.E Woodcutting, fletching, firemaking, fishing, cooking, mining, smithing.

A pure is sort of like a main, except pures don't train defence, but there are many types of pures in the game, 1 defence pures, range tank pures(usually 70-75 attack and str, 80+ defence and 90+ ranged) and many more.

For kids, this game is extremely addictive, as they can make their own virtual ego in this fantasy/medieval world, and can make friends, kill monsters, complete quests, and tons of other fun things. Most other MMORPGs of this sort never have more than 100 thousand players on the game at a time. Runescape, on most good days, will have well over that number.

The runescape website.

They done a huge re-do of the website, it's now a lot more accessible and a lot easier to use, on the RuneScape forums you can browse the forums what include, buying/selling items, PvM sections, PvP sections and more. It is a highly developed website and is being worked on 24/7 very easy to use, so you don't need to worry about that.

I think this will conclude my review and/or a little information on it.

If you want to register an account and play, go to their website here: http://www.runescape.com

This has been Jesse, - Peace.
Jesse
Jesse
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Review on the game "Runescape". Empty Re: Review on the game "Runescape".

Post by [Happiness] Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:51 am

Very good review, Runescape has got to be one of my favorite games of all time up until about say 09, I just hate all the new updates, R.I.P old rs.
[Happiness]
[Happiness]

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkDesigns Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:38 pm

Very Nice Review. Very Happy

I used to play RS, sold my account for 100$+...

But, I will think about playing again. Very Happy
DarkDesigns
DarkDesigns

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesse Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:43 pm

Haha, I have an F2P main which I'm planning on using in the future, but right now I'm taking a break from RS Razz.
Jesse
Jesse
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by [Happiness] Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:41 pm

If you would like to add me, user: H0st zerk. (I was a dicer). Im still members on there
[Happiness]
[Happiness]

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down